Saturday, August 4, 2012

Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant

Greetings to everyone,

The title of my first post is a sentence that I have heard and has challenged me in my life. Many years ago this was spoken to me at a TMP faculty meeting by Jean Ross. She asked us what the good Lord would say to us when we finally entered his presence, and she said that she hopes to hear this phrase. Such a simple phrase, but so hard to do. It resonates in my head regularly, and it was a guide and part of my journey to this new chapter in my life.

I have truly been blessed with an opportunity to serve at Holy Family Elementary. While it was very hard to make the decision to leave TMP, a school and staff that I love, I know that the good Lord has a plan for me and it involves my presence at HFE. I have learned during my years at TMP that is futile to mess with God's plan for our schools, so I must embrace it.

In the past month I have been overwhelmed by the words of encouragement and support from all corners of the community. I could not ask for a warmer welcome (note, I am typing this when it is 110 degrees outside)! Please know that my feelings are mutual toward the staff and families of our school. Your hard work and support are what make HFE so incredibly special and successful.

Another important concept I have learned is that our lives are a journey, and now, we are all intertwined in this journey together. During this time when the map is not clear, we will take the wrong fork in the road, we might have to make a U-turn, or the car will breakdown altogether. Please know that we are all working for the best interest of all the students in our Catholic schools.

Please accept my most heartfelt thanks for making my first month at Holy Family memorable. I look forward to sharing in the education of all of the children in our school as we get the new year underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment