Friday, August 31, 2012

Relying on God's Grace

I have heard so many over the years say that if they ever win the lottery they will donate a large portion of their millions to the Catholic Schools in Hays. Oh, how wonderful that would be! I was informed, though, that we would never happen. With, I'm sure, a quizzical look on my face, it was further explained that if we win the lottery we no longer will need to depend on God to take care of our schools.

In my very short time at Holy FamilyI have seen our school blessed in more ways than I could possibly count. In my 12 years at TMP I have been a beneficiary of so many great blessings. I have come to realize that God always takes care of all of my needs.

The trust fund of Leo J. and Albina Dreiling continues to reach out to our Catholic families more than they probably ever imagined. Not only does it continually support both of our schools' budgets financially, they set aside a specific amount of money to assist teachers with continued professional development. As a beneficiary of this generous program I have had the privilege to hear some of the greatest educational speakers. Dr. Robert Brooks enlightened my understanding of the quality of resiliency in children. Dr. Tim Elmore spoke about the characteristics of the next Generation of students and how to form leaders.

I will refer to these to leaders in the educational realm regularly. I think you will find that these two professors share with you many of the same desires you want for your own child...the ability to cope and bounce back when things do not go as planned, the ability to stand up for their beliefs with conviction, to be motivated, and in the end, to have the confidence to move on to the next stage of life.

Check out Dr. Brooks' monthly articles to read more about his topics that relate to you and your family. Click on Dr. Elmore's name for a 30 minute youtube video about how to nurture the leader in your own child. He also writes a blog that I think any educator or parent would be interested to read.

I am proud to say that the knowledge gained from the funds Dreiling Trust does not to stop with me. Those funds will now touch countless lives. Thank you to the late Leo J. and Albina Dreilng for having the foresight to see how they can continue to nurture the Catholic youth of the Heartland.

No comments:

Post a Comment